We are pleased to announce that our next GALS GARAGE CAR CARE CLINIC will be held on 23 July 2016 in partnership with Continental Vision Zero and Subaru Johannesburg.
The GALS GARAGE CAR CARE CLINICS are designed to educate, inform and empower women motorists about the basics of car maintenance with the view to save lives, prevent breakdowns, extend engine life quality and save money. They build car care knowledge and increase driver confidence because the reality is that most women car owners/drivers are uninformed about the basic functionality of the cars they drive. Some do not know, understand or value the importance of basic car maintenance nor aware of the close-knit relationship between occupant safety, well serviced vehicles and insurance claims.
- taken for a ride by unscrupulous service outlets when it comes to car repairs (they are over charged or billed for unnecessary work)
- unprepared for the cost of repairs (because they have no clue what the various components which need replacement are)
- at risk of being in avoidable car accidents due to preventable mechanical breakdown (which puts them at risk whilst waiting for help)
Apart from occasionally glancing at the engine whenever the petrol attendant checks the oil and water, not many women know what goes on under the bonnet. At the GALS GARAGE CAR CARE CLINICS, ladies get to:
- to tinker under the bonnet of the hood (contrary to popular belief the dipstick is a vital engine component and is not your husband)
- see & touch various mechanical engine components (the exhaust system is not just the 2-shiny bits which stick out of the rear-end of the car).
- have a better understanding as to why car maintenance is important for the overall safety of car occupants
- build their basic car care knowledge base and thus have the confidence to describe car related problems to a technician without resorting to saying the car goes “goodu-goodu-goodu whenever I turn the steering wheel”
Open only to women, the 4 hour GALS GARAGE CAR CARE CLINIC covers a myriad of car maintenance topics, presented in an easy–to-understand interactive and humorous format. These range from the purpose and importance of car maintenance, tips and do’s & don’ts to the Continental Vision Zero Initiative and how Subaru vehicles fit into a family’s lifestyle needs.
The GALS GARAGE CAR CARE CLINIC are TETA (Transport Education Training Authority) accredited and companies are welcome to contact us to book exclusive staff events which can be held on weekdays as an employee wellness initiative.
To ensure quality, space is limited and therefore booking is essential. Those who wish to attend the Gals Garage Car Care Clinic on 23 July are welcome rsvp to email@example.com for payment details and other information.
Other motoring tutorials we host are:
- Gals Garage™ Tyre Safety Workshops
- Driving Divas™ Workshops
- Fantastic Fathers™ Workshops
- Glam Gals Getaways™